To enable participants with skills and attributes to evoke excellence in self and others.
Coaching is no longer a privilege for the few and it has been proven to be an essential skill in supporting others to move from Point A to B faster than the traditional methods of telling and teaching.
This two-day programme will arm you with the essential skills and knowledge necessary to make this shift in yourself and others.
Who should attend?
• Anyone in a role that seeks to get people to DO something and love it!
• New managers
• Team leaders in social context
NQF Level 4 qualifications or equivalent (e.g. Matric) At least a reading ability of English. Note that you will be required to apply the skills and give feedback on your experience of coaching and learning.
By the end of the programme, participants should, amongst other things, be able to:
• Have a basic understanding of coaching theory and background
• Know the basic psychology of coaching and how it applies to coaching skills
• Coach using the essential coaching skills
• Describe the landscape of coaching and options available to practitioners.
• Undertake their first coaching session in confidence
• Understand the way they think and act (insight into the self) and how this can enable or disable effective coaching
• Use one of the world’s leading performance coaching model to effect performance
Programme outline and topics to be covered :
• Foundation principles of coaching
• Coaching in relation to other modalities
• Understanding the self in relation to others
• Practical Skills required for viable coaching conversations
• Ethics of coaching
• Introduction to the psychology of coaching
• Participation in workshops
• 4 hour Mentoring Practicum
• Reflective feedback on practicum
PROGRAMME COST :
R 2 100.00
Africa Centre for Work Based Learning. 1122 Burnett Street Suite F-4A Hatfield Plaza Towers. Pretoria