Duration: 24 Months
Programme Cost: R72000
Venue: Africa Centre for Work Based Learning. 1122 Burnett Street, Suite F-4A Hatfield Plaza Towers. Pretoria
IT FOR EXECUTIVE CERTIFICATES OFFERED:
- Leadership in Business – IT Management – Download Brochure
- IT for the Non-IT Executive – Download Brochure
- Cyber Security/IT Security Management – Download Brochure
- Managing Data as an Asset – Download Brochure
- Deploying Business Analytics – Download Brochure
- Management Consulting – Download Brochure
Objectives of the programme
To prepare IT thought leaders and business executives for the challenges and opportunities that lie ahead. All certificates are made up of four courses taught by an international team of over 250 prominent professors from multiple universities and expert practitioners, providing a balanced perspective with the appropriate combination of academic rigor and practical relevance.
Who should attend?
Programs for IT and non-IT executives from entry level to C level.
Adhering to leading international accreditation agency (e.g., AACSB, EFMD, AMBA, NSCHBC, NBA, ABET, Middle States Association) standards and expectations (e.g., European e-Competence Framework), and can be applied towards a Master’s Degree.
The sweet-spot for our 6: 4-course certificates offered at ACWBL through GIIM are for IT professionals with 10+ years of experience; high potential employees that are advancing in their careers. We also offer shorter programs for senior IT and non-IT executives, to help them understand how to leverage IT in their organization. Candidate must meet university admission requirements.
By the end of the programme, participants should, amongst other things, develop the following:
- Interpersonal skills – attendees will develop vital communications proficiencies including writing, speaking, presenting, negotiating, and analytical thinking.
- Collaboration/Teamwork – colleagues from multiple functional areas work together throughout the program, addressing current IS problems and opportunities.
- Management bench strength – the pool of qualified associates for management roles will increase as a result of the program. Individuals within the program will develop leadership skills as well as a broad understanding of IS management disciplines.
- Partnerships/relationships – the education of IS and business colleagues will allow them to work more effectively and efficiently together. Considerations include how workers work, how consumers consume, and how suppliers supply.
- Strategic thinking – introduction of innovative strategic thinking and problem solving throughout the organization. This will reap business value across functional areas while achieving harmony across IT and business.
- Knowledge of the IS field – attendees will obtain a broad knowledge of the current and emerging management and technical topics within the IS field that can be directly applied to their organization.
- Business management thinking – participants will develop a working understanding of the best practices in business management and systems thinking that can support the agility and flexibility required to meet changes in technology and the marketplace.
- Cosmopolitanism – It is essential in today’s open world that attendees have international experience.
- Business language – IT candidates will develop insight into the underlying language of business which reflects the business imperatives, industry, measurements, management processes, and culture. Non-IT attendees will have a better understanding of the strategic, tactical, and operational responsibilities necessary for an effective IT organization.
Programmes delivered through;
- Four 40-hour courses delivered face-to-face, or online synchronously or asynchronously/blended
- Courses taught face-to-face & online.